We know that the Web is an unbelievable resource for absorbing new information about topics like Web 2.0, digital media, PR and a gazillion other topics in a list miles long. Well, this week was one of those weeks where I encountered so many articles, blog posts and news stories that I simply couldn’t decide which would be best for a blog post today (if there were only more hours in a day!) So, instead of sharing just one, I’ve pulled out a few that I thought were worth sharing:
- How to Get More Followers on Twitter (TwitTip): This is a question many people are asking these days. Darren Rowse from TwitTip rounds up a handful of his posts that help answer it.
- Most Social Brands of 2008 (AdAge): AdAge published this list of the most active brands in social media last year, compiled by Vitrue. There is mix of industries here – from coffee, to retail, to media, consumer tech, and cars.
- Announcing the AllFacebook Pages Tracker (All Facebook Blog): These guys have been studying the most popular pages on Facebook and posted some great findings. For example, The New York Times fan page got 135,000 new fans from the inaugural home page ad campaign!
- 5 Steps to Going Viral on Twitter (CopyBlogger): Social Media “Scientist” Dan Zarrella shares some of his findings about the importance of “ReTweeting” on Twitter.
- Facebok Turns 5 (Inside Facebook): This blog re-posts snapshots of Facebook throughout the years and lists stats that Facebook just released on its birthday (e.g. 15 million users update their status at least once a day and 3.5 million users become fans of pages each day!)
If you have any other resources/links from the week to add to this list, let us know in the comments!